Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy New Year!

It has been about a year since I started this blog.  The reason I started it was to try to keep myself accountable in the goals I set for the new year.  How has 2011 gone by so fast???  I was not able to keep up with this blog as I had wanted, but I really think it helped me to clearly see where I was headed.  I had my daily topics, Monday madness had to do with my crazy boys was to help me be a better mother (more patient, loving, and wise).  Tasty Tuesday had to do with saving money and taking care of our home (I was trying to eat out less), Wednesday's walk with God was to help me in my devotionals and relationship with Him.  Thoroughly clean Thursday was the area I really wanted to change this past year...I wanted to learn to keep a clean house!  And last was Friday's looking good, which was to help me exercise and stay on top of my hair and clothes and things.  Honestly, I totally fell off the wagon on this one.  There are so many days where I stay in my comfy sweats and never get dressed. 

Overall, I think keeping this blog has helped me stay focused on the things I was trying to change.  I am really hoping to do a better job at posting so that I can keep moving on these goals.  I still have such a long way to go.  J and I have set specific goals for 2012 and I had planned on posting them here, but in normal Linda fashion, I lost our list.  2012 is off to a good start, right?  Lol!  I have not decided yet if I am going to continue to do daily themes, or if I'm going to throw that out the window. I am pretty sure I will have some daily themes, but probably not a theme for every day.  I kind of felt tied to that and like I couldn't post what was on my mind because it wasn't that day's theme.  Right now, I'm thinking I will do at least Menu Monday, to help keep me accountable to creating a weekly menu complete with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.  I will probably keep Wednesday's walk with God too.  I like having a day to share what God has been teaching me.  Other than that, I'm not sure.  I guess we'll see :)

I hope you all are off to a wonderful start of the year.  God has big plans for us this coming year!  I can't wait to see what's in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment