Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday's Walk with God: Starting Over

I used to have a pastor who did not believe that God spoke to us other than through His Word. I have to say, I respectfully disagree! I full heartedly believe that God communicates to me on a regular basis. Take today, for example. The past couple of months have been hard on me. I have fallen way behind on my New Year's Resolutions. I've been feeling pretty guilty about it lately, but not to the point where I've changed my routine. I've had lots of very good excuses! We've traveled a lot. We've had a lot of sicknesses, including surgery on my baby boy's eyes. We have been stressed about J's job situation and other unexpected things that come up. And then there's just daily life trying to juggle two little boys and a home. See? These are all very good reasons why I haven't had time to focus on becoming a Proverb's 31 woman. But sometimes even the best excuses are not good enough. Since I am so stubborn and thick headed, God decided to make it very clear to me this morning when I woke up bright and early, before the kids even! I didn't want to go back to sleep because I knew that as soon as I did, L would be awake. So I decided to find my devotional (which I hadn't read in a little while... shame shame!). It was dark and J was still sleeping, so I accidently grabbed the wrong book, but decided that the one I had grabbed was good enough. I forget the name of it, but it was a book I had started years ago, when J and I first got married. I stopped reading it half way through and had a book mark in the spot I had left off. I decided to start there even though I don't remember what the first few chapters were about. The subject? A woman's role in the home. There it was, right there in writing, what I knew the Lord had been trying to tell me. It was the last thing I expected to read this morning. I thought I'd read about submitting to my husband, or serving him or something like that. NOPE! Not this time. I have a friend who calls that a spiritual spanking, and I'd have to agree with her. This was a wake up call that it's time, again, to take care of my house. It doesn't need to be perfect, but it needs to be a place of peace and comfort for my family. The way it is, is just causing stress and chaos for all who live here. That is NOT what a Godly woman's house should be... Ok Lord, I get it! And I'm hoping that by blogging again, I'll stay accountable longer than a month ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment