Monday, July 22, 2013

Today's Top 5

I feel like I've been living in survival mode for the past several months.  I have a friend who is now pregnant with baby #5 and said told me once that it takes a good 6 months to adjust to a new baby.  Everyone in the family has to figure out their new roles and routines and it just takes a while.  I think she's right.  Princess is almost 5 months old, so we have about another month to go.  I have to admit, I'm tired of just surviving.  I want some order to my life again, some type of control (I realize I cannot control life, but I would like to be able to go to sleep when I'm ready to go to sleep instead of when C allows me, or to sit down and eat an entire meal instead of two bites before someone starts screaming. or at the very least, to pee when I have to pee!).  In an attempt to try to get a little, just a teeny tiny bit, of control back into my life, I'm going to write out my top 5 goals for the day.  Some won't seem like much.  Don't judge.  I'm tired and not wanting to stress myself out even more!  So, here goes!

1. Swim lessons for both boys.  Be on time!  (DONE!  Boys did great!  I'm a proud mommy)
2. Cook dinner.
3. Try to have most of the dishes in the dish washer by the time J gets home.
4. One load of laundry.
5. Pack swim stuff for tomorrow.

And Bonus points for me if I stuff diapers ;-D

But for now, all three kids just fell asleep.  This .NEVER. happens.  Forget the list, I'm taking a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment