Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Down-Home Chicken and Noodles

Oh yeah, another crock pot recipe. What can I say? I love my crock pot :) It's so much easier to just toss things in there and let them cook all day rather than to try to prepare everything right before dinner. This meal was good. I will definitely make it again. I wouldn't say it's my all time favorite, though. J gave it a 7 and I'd probably give it a 7 too. It's from the Super Fast Slow Cooking cook book. Enjoy :)

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper to tast
2 10-3/4 oz cans cream of chicken soup
14-1/2 oz can chicken broth
16 oz pkg wide egg noodles, cooked

Place chicken in a slow cooker; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with both cans of soup. Cover and cook on low setting for 6 hours, or until chicken falls apart. Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred. Return chicken to slower cooker; add broth and cooked noodles. Mix well. Cover and cook on low setting for an additional 30 minutes, or until heated through. Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment