Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wed and Thur

Wednesday's walk with God:

God is teaching me to trust in Him more and not worry so much. I have been feeling anxious quite a bit lately between J looking for a new job (keep praying! His contract ends at the end of the month....) and Sweet T challenging everything. Plus, I have started worrying about the decisions my kids will (or wont) make as they get older. The fact that I can't make all of their choices is scary. I will have no way of forcing them to do the right things and believe in the Truth of God's Word. T is only 2, L is only 7 months, and I'm already worried about this to the point where it keeps me up at night. Well, it was keeping me up. I shared my feelings with some close friends, and poor J was woken up to talk about it several times, but I'm finally feeling better. God teaches us not to worry about tomorrow. He has my whole life, and that of my children, planned out. He loves my children even more than I do! It's my job to do the best I can, to pray pray pray for my babies, and trust God to fill in where I fall short. He tells us in His Word that if we train a child in the way he should go, when he is old, he will not depart from it. I have seen God keep this promise in my own family (extended family). I am learning to just let go, and let God!

Thoroughly clean Thursday:
Big. Huge. FAIL! As I said earlier in the week, I've lost my motivation again. But so far this week, I've been doing somewhat better. T and I try to make sure the living room is cleaned up before J gets home from work. J even said how much he has appreciated it :) Yay for making a happy hubby! A fun project that I've been working on is our cloth diaper storage area. I change 95% of the diapers in our living room, which is the room you walk into when you enter our home. Up until a week ago, I tried to hide all of the diapers next to a couch, but it really looked bad. I started researching ideas but couldn't find anything that would work for us. Then I went to Target and saw an ottoman thing that opened up and has a large area for storage. I showed J and we decided to give it a try. Our living room is pretty small and we want the boys to have as much room as possible to play, especially since L loves tummy time now, so our diaper storage ottoman is still next to the couch, but looks a thousand times better! I currently have a small basket in there with wipes and rash cream, a large shoe box to hold all of our inserts, then two other open areas for the fitteds and the covers. I'm a BIG fan :) I would post a pic of it, but I don't have one right now. I'll see if I can get one together soon. And bonus points: it looks good, it's cushioned, and T can climb all over it (although we're discouraging that one...)

1 comment:

  1. I want one of those storage ottomans so badly!!!I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete