Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Lasagna Rolls

My dear friend sent me this recipe recently.  It's honestly amazing!  Yum yum yum!!!  I got my gluten free lasagna noodles from wegmans and they were great too.   I copied her recipe word for word, stick to it and you won't be disappointed :)

Serves 6
Ingredients:
12 lasagna noodles
1lb ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (26 oz) jar of favorite spaghetti sauce
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grate Parmesan cheese (instead I used a mix of three cheeses they sell at the store...I think Parmesan, Asigo...and one other)
I also added
1 green pepper, chopped
1 medium zucchini, chopped
1- Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 13x9in baking dish with non-stick spray (I forgot to do that and mine were fine)
2- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain. Lay noodles flat on waxed paper (I found that using tin foil sprayed with non-stick spray worked better).
3- Cook the beef, onion, garlic (and green pepper and zucchini if you use them) in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned and crumbly, and veggies aren't hard (you don't want them super soft but not really hard either...they'll cook to soft in the oven). Drain. Add pasta sauce; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat. Spread 2 cups of sauce mixture in the prepared baking dish.
4 - Mix the ricotta and 1 cup of mozzarella in a large bowl (I also sprinkled some of the Parmesan mixture in here too). Spread about 3 tbs cheese mixture evenly over each noodle (I found it was easier to just pick some up in my hands and roll it into a long piece, then smush that on the noodle lol...this is where Kaleb helped. I put the long roll down and he helped me smush).
5- Roll up the noodles tightly. Place, seam sides down, over the sauce in the baking dish. Spoon the remaining sauce over the rolls. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake the rolls until heated through and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment