The Money Saving Mom suggests setting 10 weekly goals, and I've decided that's a really good idea for me to try. Just 10 things to focus on throughout the week. Doesn't seem too overwhelming, and since she rarely finishes all of her goals, I won't feel so bad if I don't finish all of mine (although that would be nice! Here are my goals for this week:
1. Catch up on my Bible reading (I'm waaaaay behind...)
2. Take the boys outside at least once! (Confession: some of these are already done! But I'm adding them since they are on my list)
3. Finish packing my hospital bags, since this little girl will be here sometime in the next 5 weeks :-D
4. Finish prepping the prefolds I bought new. They have to be washed in hot water a few times before they work well.
5. Start freezer cooking! We don't have a ton of room in our freeze, but I think this is important since we won't be able to accept food from our church food ministry. Yay food allergies :-/
6. Install car seat! We still don't have one. Yikes! But I'm picking it up from my friend tomorrow, if all works out.
7. Birthday dinner out with my hubby's family. Did I mention my hubby turned 30??? What an old man, lol. This is another one I'm done with already. We went to a place I hate, but J loves. I ate something that was ok, and then a few hours later, got hit badly with stupid food poisoning! It. Was. AWFUL.
8. Pay our first of three HOA fees.
9. Finish Thank You cards for my baby shower.
10. This week, I have set a goal to turn off ALL electronics for the morning. We can have them until breakfast, and then they go off until nap time. This is mostly to help me focus on the important things (my kids...) instead of constantly checking my texts and facebook. It's also to help the boys learn to do things other than play on the iPad or watch TV. They've become just as addicted as I am.... NOT good.
So there you have it. My goals. Overall, I'm doing...ok on them. Like I said, I got sick, really sick, yesterday so some of them went out the window. Like the electronics goal. All of us watched tv a lot yesterday. But Daddy was in charge of the boys and I don't like to tell him how he needs to parent. I was just happy he was here so I didn't have to do anything other than lay in bed and be sick. I'll try to remember to update on how my week went and write down next week's goals in a few days.
Side note before I sign off. Tomorrow I reach 35 weeks! That means I have 35 days until my due date (tomorrow). One week until the time Luke was born, 2 weeks until I am full term, who knows how long until this princess makes her debut :-D Exciting stuff. Ok, now I'm off to try to reach my goal of getting caught up on my Bible reading, at least a little bit!