Wednesday, May 11, 2011

GF cookies!

Today I attempted some gluten free cookies. I decided this would be the best place for my to write down the recipe so that I have it in the future, along with my little side notes. If I write it down on paper, I'll lose it. So, ingredients:

3/4 c butter, softened
1 1/4 c packed brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 c cornstarch
1/2 c brown rice flour
1 1/4 c c white rice flour
2 eggs
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
1 t salt
12 ounces chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar, add the eggs and vanilla. In a larger bowl, sift the vornstarch, brown rice flour, white rice flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the butter mixture, then add chocolate chips. Bake at 375 for about 8 minutes.

These were very good! Tasted great! BUT, they were as flat as paper (well, almost...) and got hard as they cooled. Next time I will try using a teaspoon of zantham gum, less butter, adding milk, or maybe add more of the flour mixture. Hopefully that will help them to turn out more like normal cookies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment