Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Meatloaf

Have I done meatloaf already?  I can't remember.  It is a favorite at our house, so I might have done this one already.  If so, I will try to delete this before any of you see it ;)  I used to hate meatloaf.  The thought of it was disgusting enough.  But when I started cooking more, J asked me to try to find a good meatloaf recipe.  I didn't want to, but he missed having it.  So, like a kind and loving wife, I found a recipe to try.  Surprisingly, I loved it!  It's easy too.  J loves it.  I love it.  T refuses to touch it (but that's pretty normal with all things other than chicken nuggets...).  L seems to love it too.  Three out of four, not too bad!  :D

I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com, it's by PTRULL.

Ingredients

  • 2 pounds lean ground beef
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 onion, finely diced
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 tablespoon steak sauce
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 3 tablespoons prepared mustard

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, combine ground meat, soup, chopped onion, rolled oats, eggs, steak sauce, ketchup and mustard. Mix well.
  2. Shape into a loaf, and pat Into a loaf pan.
  3. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment