Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Just Shut UP!

Today is Wednesday and this is what God is teaching me this week.  I fail miserably at it!  Sometimes, I just need to stop talking and let God do His thing.  But I'm too much of a control freak to do that.  I also need to stop talking and be obedient to Him.  I don't know why I feel like I need to say everything that I'm saying, whether it is loving and kind or not. 

Another thing that I've been thinking about a lot lately, and I might have blogged about it, but I can't remember, is that the only things in this life that truly matter are the things that make an eternal difference.  I drove past a grave yard once and thought about all of the lives of the people in there.  Who were they?  What did they do for a living?  What kind of difference did they make in their lives?  I'll never know.  The people they left behind know the difference they made, but then those people die too and the memories and the difference made no longer matter.  My great grandma made a difference in my grandma's life, and in my mom's life, but I never knew her.  What she did has little impact on me.  And she will likely have no impact on my children, who will probably not remember the stories my mom tells of her.  Her legacy ends there.  BUT, she was a Christian and the lives she touched for Christ, now THAT makes a difference!  People will spend eternity with Christ because of what she did on earth.  No one cares now what she did for a living, but there are certainly people who care that she loved them with God's love.  I guess I don't really know how to express what I've been thinking, but it all makes sense in my crazy mind.  We need to stop focusing on stupid stuff, selfish stuff, stuff that seems so, so important but won't really matter in 100 years, and focus on making an eternal difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment