Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thoroughly Clean: More progress!

Well, October is almost over and it seems like I'm finally figuring things out!  Remember my goals from January?  One of them was to do a better job at keeping my house fairly clean.  With two young sons, it's pretty much impossible to keep the house perfect.  I realize that and I'd like to think I'm a pretty realistic person.  So instead of perfection, my goal has been to keep it in a way where I wouldn't be embarrassed if someone stopped by unannounced.  This week, that happened :)  Someone called and said, "Hey, I'm driving by your house.  Do you mind if I stop by?"  I cheerfully said, "Nope!  Come on over!" and was happy to know that my house looked decent.  Were there dishes in the sink?  A few.  Were there toys on the floor?  Yeah.  But it was minimal.  Overall the place looked good.  I was so excited :)  It's kind of a mess again, but that's ok.  It's nothing like it used to be on a bad day.  I can get this straightened up before J gets home :)  Yay progress!!!  Thanks, Lord, for helping me do this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment