Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday's Looking Good: OH YEAH! (July1)

I am not sure when I blogged last, so this may actually be old news to everyone. If that's the case, I'm still excited about it so I'm blogging again. If I haven't written about this yet, then YAY! Great news! I have reached my first goal!!! My first goal is to be down to my Pre-L weight (L is baby #2). I did it! I did it! Finally! Breastfeeding helped me lose the weight a lot. I also started running (remember I was training for a 5K?) and am continuing to exercise. In fact, I'm not training to run a 10 miler. I am trying to run three days a week, cross train twice a week, stretch (yoga maybe?) once a week, and then rest once a week. This is all new to me and already I'm having a hard time with it. Who has time to do all this training with two small boys? I have to do it, though. J said he would get me a dog if I can run 10 miles in an hour and 45 minutes! Do you know how long I've been begging him for a dog??? Years. I'm talking YEARS! I asked him long before we even got engaged :) He said yes back then. Funny how things change when you get married! Anyway, back to my improving looks. Ha! I feel vain just writing that! Anyway, I am also eating better now. There's only so many snacks you can eat while on a gluten free diet! Gone are the days where I'd by a pack of cookies or snack cakes every time I went grocery shopping. I don't even go down those isles anymore. Sure, the stores sell gf cookies too, but they're expensive and honestly, not very good. I like the taste of the homemade ones, but like I said earlier, who has the time with two small boys to chase around? I haven't been on a scale in a while, so I'm hoping that I'm getting closer to my Pre-T weight now too. I'm guessing it will still be a few more months, but it's nice to fit into some of my old clothes again.
The newest down side to my looks? Wrinkles. I have noticed more and more wrinkles around my eyes lately. I'm only 26. I should not have wrinkles like this! But growing up in CA, we were in the sun a lot! My mom always made us wear sun screen, but we are very fair skinned, have red hair, blue eyes and lots of freckles. We are the type of people who lather up in SPF 100, then get burned within two seconds of even *thinking* about going outside. Ha! Maybe it's not quite THAT bad, but I'm pretty sure it's close... I am destined to be a very wrinkly old lady, I was just hoping to wait until I'm old before getting so wrinkly, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment