Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Madness: Play dates, well visits, and cakes! OH MY!

As you can see from the title, we have a busy day planned! I'm trying to sneak in a quick blog update while T watches Little Bear and L takes a little nap. Today, I am taking Sweet T to play at Ikea for the first time. My neighbor said that they have a fun little play area that's free. I like free! He likes playing. We both like our neighbors so when they invited us to go with them, we couldn't pass it up :) I hope he loves it! We are leaving Ikea, grabbing lunch on the run, and heading straight to L's well visit. I still can't believe my sweet baby boy is already 6 months old!!! I didn't think it was possible for him to grow up faster than his brother did. Both kids will get a shot today. Poor kiddos. We do not follow the AAP shot schedule, so thankfully L will only get two vaccines, one of which is oral. T will get his first Hep B vaccine, which part of me thinks I should skip all together. How would a two year old catch Hep B??? But J and I decided to go ahead and start those ones now. We cannot make all of his decisions as he grows up, and although we'd like for him to wait until he's married before having sex, and stay away from drugs all together, that's a choice that he's going to have to make. Scary!!! I don't like that at all! But it's life. And if he chooses a different path than we'd like, we want him to be protected. Why do I even have to think about these things already? :( Ok, back to our day. I have a friend who recently started decorating cakes. Have I mentioned on here that I decorate cakes too? With two babies at home, I really don't have a lot of time to dedicate to a cake business. Shoot, I can barely keep up with the things I have on my plate as it is! But we talked at church yesterday and I think it'd be a lot of fun to start a business together! I wouldn't have to commit as much time to it that way but still get to have fun doing something I'm passionate about. We are hoping to get together today to talk about ideas and see if we can really make this work. We want to start off slow and small, of course. I'm excited though! As if that's not a full enough day, I also want to start tagging the clothes that I'm selling at the consignment fair. It HAS to be done by 8 tonight. Yay for procrastinating!

No comments:

Post a Comment