Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: A Different Kind of Recipe

As I've mentioned several times (and I'm sure you're tired of hearing...), the hubs was extremely sick last week. I didn't do a lot of cooking, if any at all. I spent most dinners at my parents' house. I definitely did not try any new recipes :) I found a sweet little recipe on-line though. I would love to share this one with you instead.

Recipe for a Happy Marriage:


1 C. of consideration
1 generous dash of cooperation
1 C. of courtesy
3 t. of pure extract "I am sorry"
2 C. of flattery carefully concealed
1 C. of contentment
1 gallon of faith in God
1 C. each of confidence and encouragement and each other
1 large or several small hobbies
2 C. full of praise
2 children at least
1 small pinch of in-laws
1 C. blindness to each other's faults
1 reasonable budget

Flavor with frequent portions of recreation and a dash of happy memories. Stir well and remove any specks of jealously, temper or criticism. Sweeten well with generous portions of love and keep warm with a steady flame of devotion. Never serve with a cold shoulder or hot tongue.

I do believe that love and appreciation for what we receive is a bond that is renewed over the breaking of bread. The joy of cooking, the pleasure of eating, the comfort of a good marriage.

This is more than a dish like spinach (something you eat it because it is good for you). It is soul food.

No comments:

Post a Comment