Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday's Looking Good!

As a SAHM, it's hard to find the motivation to get up and get "ready" for the day. As soon as I'm up, I'm rushing Sweet T to the potty, getting Little L his medicine (for reflux), and putting on my chef's hat for our breakfast. Mornings are chaotic from the start. If I brush my teeth before nap time (at 1...), I consider it a good day in regards to my look ;) It's sad, but true. Not to mention, finding something decent to wear is depressing! Little L is four months old and I'm still in maternity clothes. I love my maternity clothes, but only when I have an adorable belly to show off. This left over nastiness is just, well, nasty. It seems silly to waste money on clothes that fit me now because I'm (hopefully) going to lose this darn, stubborn weight some time in the near future. It's affecting my self esteem though, and I'm sure J would like to come home to the attractive (or at least put together) wife he's used to. I'm not sure I'm ready to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, but I decided to go ahead and buy a few things. Target had a sale on jeans, and I sadly bought two pair of the largest size that I've ever purchased. Ouch! It definitely hurt! But at least I can wear regular jeans again. Plus it's motivation to work a little harder to get back into my old stuff. I also bought a few shirts. They are so nice! And I'm thinking that I'll be able to wear them even as I slim down. I'm also trying to accessorize. It's a scary thing for me and I'm not very good at it, but I guess I gotta start somewhere. I got a pretty, simple pearl necklace for Christmas that I think fits me perfectly. I also got a couple pair of new shoes so that I wont wear my sneakers or beat up boots as often. Already I feel better about myself! And as for the weight, well I've cut out soda. J cut it out of his diet too. It's nice to do this together! I am also hoping that eating at home will help out a lot. A few areas I need to work on are sweets and portion sizes. Oh how I love my sweets! Cookies, candy, cake... I love it all! I used to have great self control and would eat my snacks slowly. One cookie here, a single piece of candy there. J has absolutely no self control and now I find myself eating as much as I can as fast as I can just so I can have some. We'll buy a package of Fudgees (mmm... my favorite) and it will be gone within a day or two. Sometimes I don't even want a cookie, but I want to make sure I get my fair share so I'll eat one anyway. It stinks! And I'm not sure how to change it! Plus, with nursing, I eat a LOT at meals. Pretty sure I can eat as much as my 6 foot 3 hubby. Ugh, it makes me sick thinking about how many calories I must be taking in. It's too cold to go outside for walks and exercise. Plus who has the energy? Not me, that's for sure! Anyway, that's where I am right now. This is where I'm starting. A year from now, I hope to be writing my blog posts looking all spiffy in my size 3 jeans (ok, a 5 or 7 will be good too :)) with perfect hair and a nice bowl of veggies sitting next to me to snack on. Ha! Ok, let's not go crazy. I'll still have my fudgees, just one instead of the whole bag...

1 comment:

  1. lol I have been there, done that and am not looking forward to feeling that way again whenever God blesses us with baby #2. Know you aren't alone though and you WILL get through this time!!!

    ReplyDelete