Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday's walk with God, Excellence.

I have started a new devotional this week. Way back in college, my roommate recommended the book "Becoming a Woman of Excellence," by Cynthia Heald. I bought it on sale but never read it. I decided that now is the perfect time to start it, since I'm really trying to become a better wife, mother, housekeeper, and woman of God. So far, I like it. Sometimes she goes pretty in depth and I feel like it's over my head, so I kind of tune out and then have to re-read things, but I'm sure it's good for me to be reading something that goes deeper. The part that really stood out to me yesterday was one of her "reflections." The author talked about her parents teaching her, "If you are going to do anything, do it right!" She goes on to talk about her life over the past several years and how she felt like she started settling for mediocrity and "just getting by." That really hit me, especially because I had said several times yesterday, "if we make it through this day, I'll be happy." (We had a ROUGH day!) If I continue to settle for just getting by, I'm never going to reach my goals. God has so much more for me than that! Today, I'm not settling for just enough, I'm going beyond, all the way to Excellence... and it will be a challenge, especially after our rough day turned into a terrible night.

No comments:

Post a Comment