Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thoroughly clean Thursday!


I haven't settled on this name completely, but for now, it works. I want to talk about my house and what I'm doing to make it a home. As I said in my very first blog entry, cleaning has never been one of my strengths. Clutter doesn't bother me. But I know that it DOES bother my family, and I want this to be a calm and peaceful place for us. We vacuumed T's floor the other day and afterward, he walked around saying, "It's cean (he has a hard time with l's). I yike it!" Bless his little heart! He has also started to inform me that the car is "messy." I feel so overwhelmed by it all. How am I supposed to clean up after myself and two little hurricanes while keeping everyone safe and happy? I don't know, but I need to find a way. I have one very big helper and I would like to find ways to take advantage of that. I just bought a bottle of vinegar that I will start cleaning with and I'm going to get a little spray bottle for T to use too. We can wipe down tables, counters, shelves, ect together. He also loves to help sweep and move clothes from the washer to the dryer, and then to the couch where we fold. Ok, so that's plan one. The second part of my plan is to set a timer...maybe for 15 or 20 minutes...every evening after T goes down for bed and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN as much as I can in that time. J (the hubs) said that he'd do it with me :-D So that's the plan for now. I just need to follow through. Guess I better get off this computer and start that laundry! Boy do we have a lot today! Little L spit up all over our bed this morning and soaked through the comforter and sheets. Yuck! Plus it's diaper day! Gotta make sure my kid has something clean to put on his cute little tush :) Here's a pic in his adorable cloth diaper (see above). See that? I'm procrastinating already! This is definitely going to be a challenge for me....

No comments:

Post a Comment