Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Madness: Party time!

I am typing this blog post with my Sweet T on my lap. I apologize in advance for any crazy mistakes you might see :)

Sweet T went to his first birthday party this past weekend. I have to say, I'm really proud of the sweet boy he is becoming. A lot of the kids he plays with are 3 or older. He has had a hard time with some of the boys in the past, not because they're mean, just because they are so much older. At this age, a year makes a big difference. We have actually stopped going to a play group because of this. I was a little worried about going to this birthday party because I knew most of the kids would be older than he is but the birthday girl is a really good friend of his, so we went. The party was held at a place called Toddling Time and he HAD A BLAST!!! J and I stood back and just watched him play for quite a while. He did really well with the other kids too. He followed the teacher everywhere she went and was really excited about all of the activities. He even played the games! They had "Pin the flower on Dora's watch" and "Follow the leader" to the freeze dance song. Every time the song stopped, he'd put his hands up in the air and yell "FREEZE!" We have him do that for safety reasons, stop instantly and put his arms up when we say, "freeze." It's really nice to see him playing with other kids!
He had another big milestone today too. He went over to a friend's house without mommy! It was the same friend who had the birthday party. Their family is such a blessing to my family. We have similar values and similar parenting styles. I was worried about him being at a friend's house without me, but when I picked him up and asked if he was ready to go, he said, "Not yet." He is such an independent little man and I'm so proud that he doesn't need me by his side every second.
Little L has hit a big milestone this past week too. He rolled over! He has done it a few times in the past, but it has become intentional. Well, the first time I don't know how intentional it was... Kiddo was on his play mat doing some tummy time and Ty and I walked into the kitchen to get him a snack. Suddenly, Little L started screaming this horrible scream that I've never heard before. There was definitely something wrong, so I went running. Turns out, he rolled over and must have scared himself! He has done it several times since then too. He really has to work at it, but at least he can do it. Without scaring himself now too ;) Little L is officially 5 months old! How in the world did that happen so quickly??? I take pictures each month but still haven't gotten around to taking his 5 month pic yet. I will end this post with a picture of his birthday... Aug 24. 5 months ago... crazy!
Waiting to be induced:

His first picture!!! NICU making sure he's ok (my preemie). Interesting delivery store, L came out with his hand over his mouth and bruised his little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment