Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday's Walk with GOD: SHUT UP!

Shut up! Yep, that's what God is teaching me. It started on Sunday when our pastor read a verse from James that says, "If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless." (James 1:26) I have had a hard time controlling my tongue lately. I say whatever comes to mind without thinking about how it's going to come out or how it's going to affect those around me...particularly my family. And it's not just WHAT I say, but also HOW I say it. Yep, I definitely need to learn to just SHUT UP sometimes. That's all I got right now, so I will end this blog entry with more from James:

1:19-22
My dear brothers, take note of this: Every-one should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

No comments:

Post a Comment